Monday, June 28, 2010

First day at the blog

DAY 1

Ranchi

28th June 2010, 12:30 PM

The first day on the blog is a very special one. A very different experience which words just can’t express. I can’t say this for other bloggers but at least it is very very special for me. First things first, how did the blogging fever hit me? You could say that blogging was always my interest but my studies evaded me. Also I must admit that my slow bsnl dial up connection prevented me from connecting to this blogging world. Surely my friend (swindle2008) will vouch for me. I must also give some credit to Mr. Bachchan. Yes amitabh bachchan whose blog I read religiously everyday (almost) and which has made me create my own blog. I know that I neither am I as good looking as Mr. Bachchan nor as famous….but as they say it” ummed par hi duniya kayam hai”. So here I am with my first blog. Hope you like it. And I forgot the chief factor for my arrival at this blog. My idea sim card whose high speed internet made me even dare to think that I can have my own blog. And for this I must thank my friend “swindle2008” who introduced me to the cheap and efficient idea internet 98 rs plan. No, don’t get me wrong I am not here to promote idea sim. Was just drawn away. Sorry. That happens to me once in a while. Bear with me. And if I sound like I’m giving a thank you speech after winning an award I am sorry. I don’t mean to. After all my award will be my reader’s love. Not that I have got many. But still. I am on social networking sites like orkut, facebook and twitter but all of them allow me to connect to my friends and other people. Just connect. Not communicate. To express myself I felt I need to have a more diverse medium and I felt blogs were the perfect medium. Although I am no expert at blogging but I hope I learn this fast.

And I must tell you why I choose Google blog. Not that this was my first choice. Bigadda was my 1st choice. After all Mr. Bachchan is on it. Who wouldn’t want to be Mr. Bachchan’s neighbor even if it is on this virtual world. But the process of opening the blog on bigadda was tedious, quite complicated and it even got stuck at times. I tried it many times and failed. Bigadda guys if you are reading this better buck up. Anyways, Google allowed me easy blog creation and here I am.

Blogging has become a rage now. Everybody from a nobody like me to Amir Khan and amitabh bachchan all have blogs. Many of you must have read at least someone’s blog in you lifetime. But did you know that when was the first blog ever written and who wrote it?..Well I’ll tell you. It was Bruce ableson in October 1998 who launched “open diary” which soon turned into the modern blog. But who coined the term blog. No, it was no rocket scientist who did that. Someone called peter merholz. He jokingly broke the word ” weblog” into “ we blog” in the sidebar of his website. And that is how the word blog came into existence. Not that I myself knew about this before. But why worry when Google is there. So I just searched Google for “blog” and found all answers to my questions. In this context I just remembered a line written outside a church which said “Believe in god because there are some questions in life which even Google can’t answer”. Just added this line into my first day blog both to include GOD and some HUMOUR in my piece. Didn’t find it funny? Sorry.

When I first decided to create my blog the first question that hit me was what would I write about?. The price rise? Terrorism? Corruption? Politics? Love? Romance? But I felt that haven’t these topics been discussed quite much. Let me have something different. I even asked a few people but found no solution. It’s easy to say let’s have something different but to search for a different topic is quite hard. Now I shall have to go hunting each day for a suitable topic which interests both me and my readers.

Things seem so easy until you get down doing them. Just as the case is when you sit down to study same was the case with my blog. When I decided to create my blog I thought it would be so easy. So many people do that. It would be a piece of cake for me. But when I started giving words to my thoughts it seems so tedious. I wasted a whole day just thinking what to write about and the next day writing about what I had thought to write about! You have to give a huge part of the day for your blog. It’s not easy to blog everyday. I admire Mr. Bachchan even more now. Kudos to him and to all those who blog regularly. I shall try that too, if time permits. Till then it’s a goodbye from me.

lots of love,

yash

1 comment: